Miguel is known as the best dressed staff member at The Truffle Cheese Shop. He brings his food knowledge, passion and great taste to the cheese case. Miguel is heading up our Farmer’s Markets as well as working in the shop. Originally from Denver, Miguel has worked in some of Boston’s best restaurants and has spent time working with orphans in Katmandu, Nepal.
- What is the best thing about working at The Truffle Cheese Shop?
– I love my Co-workers and customers, but the cheese is honestly the best part. I get to fall in love with a different wheel everyday of the week.
- If stranded on a desert island, what is the one cheese would you need to have? Why?
– Parmigianno-Reggiano. I would hollow it out, eat the inside, and use the rind as a boat or possibly as a salad bowl.
- If you were a cheese, what cheese would you be, and why?
– Strachitund, because it’s stinky and horrible, the slightly less so after you get to know it
- Where is your favorite place to eat in Denver?
– El Taco De Mexico @ 7th and Sante Fe. Some of my earliest memories are chewing gigantic burritos bathed in blue light with the sound of flying knives and spitting grease in the background